Project Manager / Residential Project Architect at Vertical Arts in STEAMBOAT SPRINGSSteamboat Springs, 80487 | 02/23/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000663685-01
Job Description:Vertical Arts is an award-winning team-oriented architecture firm based in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, with satellite offices in Vail and Denver. Our multi-disciplinary team is composed of organized, hardworking individuals who strive to deliver exceptional architecture to our clients and community.
We are hiring a Project Architect for our Steamboat Springs office starting as soon as possible.Applicants should have extensive Mountain Residential design experience, be self-motivated, efficient with minimal direction, deadline-oriented and enthusiastic about design. Applicants should have both leadership characteristics and have a collaborative working mentality. Those who demonstrate strong attention to detail, organizational skills, adaptability and are willing to learn new things/ask questions will thrive in our small office environment.As a team, we value good design, good conversation and good music. Our studio space is open, collaborative, and lighthearted. We seek those with a good sense of humor, positive energy, good attitude and highest professionalism to join our team. Steamboat Springs is an amazing mountain town community with plenty to do around town and outdoors.
The ideal candidate will have extensive residential design experience, with the ability to work effectively between disciplines; architecture, interior design and landscape design. Additionally, candidates should have the ability to execute and lead (or be interested in developing the ability to lead) all phases of design including initial programming, planning, feasibility, scope and concept development, detailed design, construction documentation, and construction administration. Furthermore, a successful candidate should display a solid working knowledge of the International Building Code and construction document preparation (e.g. graphics, detailing and specifications) as well as organization and distribution during all stages of development (e.g. review, bid, permit, etc.). Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.Preferred Experience:● 5+ years of architectural office experience
● Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite required
● Professional degree in Architecture
● Architect 1 license
● Registered Architect, in the applicable state where performing work
● Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
● Experience in dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes
● Appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants
● Interior design experience
● Residential design experience
Responsibilities:● Manages multiple small projects or one medium sized project.
● Assists with the preparation of fees, scope of work, proposals and contracts.
● Assists the coordination of all aspects of assigned projects and estimates scope of work.
● Serves as a point of contact with clients, consultants and contractors and assists with bringing projects to completion on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
● Assists with the management of client expectations, budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation.
● Attend project meetings and coordinate the completion and distribution of meeting minutes.
● Generate architectural design concepts.
● Generate and manage development of architectural design drawings.
● Interface with the Interior Design group, Site Planning Group, and Engineering Groups in developing building systems.
● Function as a Designer to the extent necessary to complete projects on schedule and within budget
● Generate and coordinate all architectural and building systems, details, drawings and specifications.
● Generate and manage development or architectural contract documents.
● Function as detailer to the extent necessary to complete projects on schedule and within budget.Position Type:This is a full-time position.Compensation:Compensation will be based upon qualifications and experience, but will range from $60,0000 - $80,0000.Benefits:Vertical Arts offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed for individuals and families.To Apply:Please submit a resume, cover letter and samples of work.