DISTRICT COURT, MOFFAT COUNTY, COLORADO81625 | 10/21/2020 | Ad id: 8-0000629335-01
DISTRICT COURT, MOFFAT COUNTY, COLORADO
221 West Victory Way, Suite 300, Craig, CO 81625
Phone Number: (970) 824-8254
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO
In the interest of:
K.L.R.W., a Child,
Respondent: A.L.W., Mother; and JOHN DOE,
Unknown Father of K.L.R.W.
Case Number: 2020JV06
MOFFAT COUNTY ATTORNEY'S OFFICE
Rebecca Tyree, Esq. (Atty. Reg. #26888)
Moffat County Attorney
Jay M. Cranmer, Esq. (Atty. Reg. #35637)
Assistant Moffat County Attorney
221 West Victory Way, Suite 120, Craig, CO 81625
Phone Number: (970) 826-3404
FAX: (970) 826-3408
E-mail: Email Me
Email Me SUMMONS
PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF COLORADO TO: JOHN DOE, Unknown Father:
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that a verified petition has been filed in the above-named Court in which it is represented to the Court that the child named above is alleged to be dependent and neglected as defined in the State Children's Code, C.R.S. §19-3-102 (1)(a), (b), (c), and (d) for the reasons set forth more fully in the Petition, a copy of which is available at the Moffat County Attorney's Office located 221 W. Victory Way, Ste. 120, Craig, CO 81625, and incorporated by reference herein.
YOU ARE FURTHER NOTIFIED that TERMINATION OF PARENT-CHILD LEGAL RELATIONSHIP is a possible remedy under this proceeding as prayed for in the Petition.
YOU ARE FURTHER NOTIFIED that failure to appear at the hearing set forth below or otherwise defend in this action may result in a DEFAULT JUDGEMENT of adjudication and/or termination of parent-child legal relationship being taken against you.
YOU ARE FURTHER NOTIFIED that the Court has set a Hearing regarding the Dependency and Neglect matter based on said Petition on the 20th day of October, 2020 at 11:00 o'clock A.M. at the MOFFAT COUNTY DISTRICT COURT located at 221 W. VICTORY WAY, STE. 300, CRAIG, CO 81625; and
YOU ARE HEREBY COMMANDED to appear before this Court at said time and place.
Clerk of the District Court
Deputy Clerk NOTICE -LEGAL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES
You are to be present at all hearings of said case as ordered by the Court, as your right to the care, custody, control, and guardianship of the children will be finally determined.
This summons must be served upon you no less than five (5) days prior to the hearing. A continuance of the hearing will be granted for a reasonable time upon good cause shown to the Court.
You are notified that:
1. The statements in the petition must be proven by a preponderance of the evidence. If the child is an Indian child, the petition must be proven by clear and convincing evidence.
2. You have a right to have an attorney present at all hearings on the petition. If the Court finds that you cannot afford to pay an attorney and you wish one to represent you, you are entitled to a Court-appointed attorney.
3. You have the right to a trial by jury. If you do not request a jury, the matter will be heard before the Court. If you wish a jury trial, you or your attorney must request it in writing.
4. When the petition is filed, the Court must give you written notice of the time and date of the hearing by summons, unless you have signed a Waiver of Service, in which case you may be notified by letter.
5. At the end of the hearing when the Court has made a decision, you have the right to request a rehearing or new trial, but your request must be made in writing within the time provided for in the Colorado Rules of Juvenile Procedure. If your request for rehearing is denied, you have the right to appeal the Court's decision to the Colorado Supreme Court of Appeals.
6. If the petition is sustained, the Court may make orders affecting any person named in the petition and concerning the care, custody, and discipline of the children.
Published in the Craig Press on October 21, 2020.