Reporter at Craig Press in CRAIGCraig, 81625 | 06/01/2021 | Ad id: 8-0000691549-01
Do you love journalism as much as you love the mountains, valleys and rivers of the Western Slope? Are you a passionate storyteller with photo and video skills who can make your content come alive? Do you feel a strong need to help build and foster community? If you answered yes, yes, and yes: We want to meet you.
The Craig Press is looking for a passionate new reporter to join our team. At the Craig Press we strive to represent and inform our neighbors to strengthen our community. So if you have a strong portfolio, clear understanding of AP style, find joy in the Colorado outdoors and want to become part of a tight-knit western community, we would love to hear from you. The Craig Press offers a full line of benefits and we are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit www.swiftcom.com/careers
and select job 1971.
Compensation: $30,000-$35,000 annually DOE.
Our application process is two parts. Please start here and complete the questionnaire. When complete, return to this page and click apply to complete your application.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
· Researches a variety of news stories through interviews, observation and/or online resources.
· Writes timely and accurate news stories that are clear, complete, objective, organized and readable. Stories must follow AP style and contain correct grammar and spelling.
· Interacts with the audience via comments and social media.
· Receives and responds to feedback, questions
and complaints from readers, customers and others with input of editor.
· Takes photographs and/or shoots video to coincide with news being reported and posted.
· Works cooperatively, collaboratively and creatively with other members of the news team, including editors, other reporters, photographers and copy editors, as well as members of the sports department.
· Posts content to the Web.
· Performs high-quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Bachelor's degree in journalism or related degree.
· Writing and reporting experience.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to complete online editing and populate online forms for publication on the web.
· Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
· Sound news judgment.
· Keen eye for errors of style and substance.
· Team oriented.
· Be able to prioritize, and take pride in the details.
· Familiarity with digital and social tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.
· Software experience in Mac environment; experience with Ellington and HTML preferred.
· Valid state driver's license with reliable
transportation with proof of auto insurance and safe driving record, required.
· Ability to work on a computer.
· Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Craig, CO 81625